For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK Data Protection Laws, the controller CPA and Associates Limited of Castledine House, 5-9 Heanor Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire, DE7 8DY.
About This Document
How we Collect Your Information
We may collect your personal data by means of a form on our website or by telephone, email, fax or post. We may collect this data in the following ways:
- Directly from you, when you submit an order for a subscription of services, make a request for administrative services or contact us for other reasons.
- When we, from time to time, contact you regarding an administrative or advice support matters
- From someone else who is submitting an order on your behalf
- From someone else who is seeking administrative or advice support on your behalf
The Types of Information We Collect
We may collect the following types of information about you:
- Contact information, including email addresses, telephone numbers and postal addresses
- Records of communications and interactions we have had with you
- Financial Information, including bank details, debit card details and credit card details
- Information relevant to our provision of support and services to you, including details regarding your computer hardware and software.
Why We Use Personal Data
We use your personal data in order to enable us to deliver and charge for the software and services we provide in accordance with our contractual obligations, including the provision of administrative and advice support.
For the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) and UK Data Protection Laws, when processing your personal data we are relying on the legal basis of:
- Our contract with you
The information we collect and process is required for us to be able to perform our contractual obligations and receive payment from you for the services we provide. Should you fail to provide this information, we would not be able to deliver under the terms of our contract with you.
Sharing Your Information with Others
We do not sell your personal data. We may share your personal data with another party, including a software vendor (who is providing us with software or advice support), an IT support business (who is providing us with IT support), or a firm of accountants (who is working on our behalf), or a firm of solicitors (who is working on our behalf) so long as we are able to determine that the other party is acting on your behalf.
How Long Your Information is Kept
We keep your personal data for as long as necessary. We keep your contact information until we consider there is no need to provide administrative or advice support or until you request it to be erased.
Under certain circumstances, by law you have the right to:
- Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- Request correction of the personal data we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected
- Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us to continue processing it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below)
- Object to processing of your personal data in particular ways, including processing based on the lawful basis of legitimate interests and direct marketing. CPA and Associates Limited does not use your data for direct marketing.
- Request the restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal data about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
- Request the transfer of your personal data to yourself or another party in a safe and secure way, without affecting its usability, for example in a format that is structured, commonly used, and machine-readable.
Please note that the above rights are not absolute, and we may be entitled to refuse requests where exceptions apply. Further details regarding these rights can be found on the Information Commissioner’s Office website using this link:
Contact and Complaints
- By email: email@example.com
- By telephone: 0115 697 8888
- Or by post (Ilkeston office): Castledine House, 4-5 Heanor Road, Ilkeston, Derbyshire,
If you are not satisfied with how we are processing your personal data, you can make a complaint to the Information Commissioner. You can find out more about your rights under applicable data protection laws from the Information Commissioner’s Office website: www.ico.org.uk